APPLICATION PROCESS & REQUIREMENTS
- Once your application and all materials are submitted and received, prospective applicants are contacted to set up interviews and auditions.
- Application Form, 2 Letters of Recommendation, Headshot, Resume, Non-Refundable Application Fee (Spring ’22 Performing Arts Foundation Application Fees Waived until January 1, 2022)
- Application Fees are non-refundable. Application Fees and Tuition are payable by cash, credit/debit card or money order.
- Prospective students applying for a Merit and/or Needs-Based Scholarship should submit the appropriate forms with the required application materials.
- Merit Scholarships: Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding talent and potential in the Performing Arts. Talent is assessed through application and audition evaluation. Full and Partial Scholarships are available. ($3,000 Maximum awarded on partial scholarships)
- Need-Based Grant – Need-Based Grants are awarded by “NYPAA Helps.” to students who demonstrate financial need. Tax documents are required for Need-Based Grants. ($500 Maximum awarded)
- Full-Scholarships – Full Scholarships are awarded by the Director of the Academy. Full Scholarship recipients are responsible for the registration fee together with a $700.00 administrative fee.
- Housing is available in NYC for NYPAA Students through a third party. Please click the link in our menu for Student Housing for additional information.
Auditions are scheduled throughout the year until available spaces are filled. If you live within 90 miles of NYC, an in-person audition is recommended. Prospective students should prepare either a monologue, song or dance for the audition.
Chosen monologues should demonstrate acting skills and strengths. Prepare a 2-minute, age-appropriate piece.
Chosen songs should demonstrate vocal skills and style. Songs should be no longer than 2 minutes.
Submit an electronic audition through email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants living more than 90 miles from NYC may choose to audition electronically.
Wait List Policy
Wait lists are created when a program meets maximum capacity. If a student is accepted into a program from the wait list, they will be notified when the position becomes available. If a student is not accepted from the wait list into a program, they will be notified at least 30 days prior to the start of the program.