APPLICATION PROCESS & REQUIREMENTS
- Once your application and all materials are submitted and received, prospective applicants are contacted to set up interviews and auditions.
- Application Form, 2 Letters of Recommendation, Headshot, Resume, Non-Refundable Application Fee.
- Application Fees are non-refundable. Application Fees and Tuition are payable by cash, credit/debit card or money order.
- Prospective students applying for a Merit and/or Needs-Based Scholarship should submit the appropriate forms with the required application materials.
- Merit Scholarships: Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding talent and potential in the Performing Arts. Talent is assessed through application and audition evaluation.
- Need-Based Scholarships – Need-Based and Work-Study Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Housing is available through NYPAA. Upon acceptance to the academy, NYPAA will provide information for our student housing.
Auditions are scheduled throughout the year until available spaces are filled. If you live within 500 miles of NYC, an in-person audition is recommended. Prospective students should
prepare either a monologue, song or dance for the audition.
Chosen monologues should demonstrate acting skills and strengths. Prepare a 2-minute, age-appropriate piece.
Chosen songs should demonstrate vocal skills and style. Songs should be no longer than 2 minutes.
Submit an electronic audition through email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants living more than 250 miles from NYC may choose to audition electronically.
Wait List Policy
Wait lists are created when a program meets maximum capacity. The proficiency expectation criteria for programs listed in the NYPAA Student Handbook and on the NYPAA website will be used to determine placement on a program’s wait list. The size of the program and departmental projections will determine the number of students placed on a program’s wait list. If a student is accepted into a program from the wait list, they will be notified when the position becomes available. If a student is not accepted from the wait list into a program, they will be notified at least 30 days prior to the start of the program.