Andrew Garfield needs a break.
The 38-year-old actor recently said that he plans to step away from acting — for now — following a busy year starring in several high-profile projects.
Garfield last year appeared in the blockbuster “Spider-Man: No Way Home” and nabbed an 2022 Oscar nomination for “Tick, Tick … Boom!” He also stars in the FX series “Under the Banner of Heaven,” which premieres April 28 on Hulu.
“I’m going to rest for a little bit,” he told Variety in an interview published Wednesday. “I need to recalibrate and reconsider what I want to do next and who I want to be and just be a bit of a person for a while.”
He also compared the awards season to a churning “washing machine,” suggesting he needed rest and recuperation after it.
“I need to just be a bit ordinary for a while,” he confessed.
That may include hanging up the “Spider-Man” costume for a while; even after the success of the latest film installment, he told Variety earlier this year that he has “no plans” to reprise the role yet again.
However, Garfield is still busy and seemingly in demand. He’s also allegedly lined up a lead role in BBC’s upcoming “Brideshead Revisited” miniseries, which reportedly cast “Harry Potter” alum Ralph Fiennes, Joe Alwyn and Cate Blanchett.