How to Apply
The New York Performing Arts Academy provides Financial Needs Scholarships for those students with demonstrated financial need.
Scholarship amounts range from $500 to half of tuition and may be renewed if the artist is invited to return for an additional year. All scholarship recipients must maintain a satisfactory level on all evaluations. Probation for any reason, academic or disciplinary, shall be considered justifiable cause for withdrawal of scholarship awards. Scholarship recipients will be notified in their acceptance letter.
- Completed application form
- Copies of the most recent documents demonstrating your financial need (examples: 1040 Income Tax Return, Bank Statements, Copy of State Benefits Card, any documentation which serves as proof of your financial hardship).
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or advisers who can verify your financial needs and vouch for your work ethic in the classroom.
- An essay stating why you should be awarded a scholarship. Please include the following information:
- Personal and academic achievements
- Education and Career goals
- Based on the information you have collected about NYPAA, please explain why this training program is right for you.
Applications and all materials must be received before your audition