This course is by audition only
You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, so the old saying goes.
But it’s easier said than done, especially if you are one of the millions of people for whom stepping onto the dance floor feels like a leap into the lion’s den.
The New York Performing Arts Academy Dance course will set you free to dance your heart out in any situation; whether in a club, at a wedding or even on stage.
We take out the fear factor and replace it with the confidence you need to feel at home in your dancing shoes.
This course is suitable for members looking to improve coordination, link moves together and create a fluent dance style.
You’ll pick up all the dance essentials from co-ordination, isolations, dance terminology, traveling steps, and, most importantly, rhythm.
But, best of all, you’ll have a lot of fun.
That’s the reason dance exists, when all’s said and done.
Dance Skills Development
Our Dance Class is perfect for those with no experience, or those looking to start from scratch again…
Exact course content may differ depending on course length and your needs but topics covered will generally include:
– Isolations and Transitions learning how to link your moves together by using body parts.
– Traveling Steps how to move from one move to the next while covering areas using dance.
– Teamwork and Confidence learning choreography and routines in groups.
– Rhythm and Timing Learn a routine beat by beat and improve your musicality.
– Basic Technique Learn turns, routines and improve coordination of head, arms and body alignment.