Admissions & Audition Process
Admission is through application and audition. The application should be sent in before the audition date. You may call and schedule an audition at any point during the application process by calling 212-457-4060.
The application process includes the following:
- Application Form
- Current headshot and resume
- Two letters of recommendation. These can be sent in with the application or sent in separately.
- $95.00 Application fee. Payable by cash, credit card or money order. This fee is non-refundable.
- Audition in person.
Acceptance notices are sent within 10 business days of auditions.
For the audition, prepare an up-tempo and a ballad not to exceed 1 minute and 30 seconds and a one-minute monologue of your choosing. Please only use monologues from published full-length plays or screenplays. We encourage you to choose age-appropriate material that you connect to and that shows us who you are. Please feel free to call us if you or your parents have any questions or concerns.
The New York Performing Arts Academy accepts on a rolling admission basis. Students are notified of acceptance or decline within thirty business days of their audition. Students who apply/audition after the program is filled are placed on a wait-list.
All applicants must demonstrate the following proficiencies for admission to The New York Performing Arts Academy:
- A desire for comprehensive training in acting, singing and dance, while experiencing the rigor of intense style training.
- Clear articulation of individual goals, sufficient English skills and the ability to understand language.
- An openness and willingness to learn from faculty and peers.
- A healthy physical instrument to participate fully in the program.
Wait List Policy:
Wait lists are created when a program meets maximum capacity. The proficiency expectation criteria for programs listed in the NYPAA Handbook and on the NYPAA website will be used to determine placement on a program’s wait list. The size of the program will determine the number of students placed on a program’s wait list. If a student is accepted into a program from the wait list, they will be notified when the position becomes available. If a student is not accepted from the wait list into a program, they will be notified at least 30 days prior to the start date of the program.
Ready to apply?
If you are ready to send an application to The New York Performing Arts Academy click the link below.Apply Now